Thursday, October 19, 2017

Yoga course in digital age

Hi all. After long time. I am writing a post. This time, I want to talk about yoga course on MOOC platform offered on edx. The course is free with fee of 49 USD in case you want to have certificate.

 I am excited to do this course. I have been a practitioner of yoga for several years but discontinued and became irregular. Now in mid 50s I realise what a mistake I did. The main impact the digital gadgets had on me is serious neck and back problems which I could have avoided by continuing yoga. I am also excited I may learn some theory too. 

Interestingly, stand up comedian Alex is a yoga teacher and vouches for yoga. 

I recommend yoga and this course.

Course details are pasted here.

About Yoga MOOC


Hosted by edX – an open online platform with over 10 million registered learners created by Harvard and MIT, Yoga MOOC: The Science and Practice of Yoga is a free six-week online course designed to help participants to find balance in today’s chaotic digital world. We explore the ancient practice of yoga through the lens of modern day science, focusing on practical applications. Learners will discover how to practice yoga on the mat as well as how yoga can be used in everyday life. No previous yoga experience is needed and the course is tailored to those who want to learn the basics of postures, as well as experienced practitioners or instructors looking to deepen their practice.


Digital technologies, such as phones, tablets, and computers, are permanently integrated into our daily lives. We spend so much time on these devices that we are often unaware of how they impact us emotionally and physically. Researchers from the Learning Innovation and Networked Knowledge (LINK) Research Lab at the University of Texas at Arlington are partnering with the Free Life People™ School of Yoga have come together to introduce the science behind mind-body practice as well as ways to balance our digital lives with self-care and wellness.

No comments: